1. Carefully clean all old gasket material off of the head and block. Make sure the head and block are perfectly clean.
2. Run a tap through each head bolt hole to clean the threads and
also run a die over the threads of the bolts. Then apply a small amount
of McLube Moly Grease (molybdenum disulfide grease) on the threads to
ensure the bolts are accurately torqued.
3. Spray both sides of the head gasket with K&W Copper Coat or Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket.
4. Install and torque heads according to the Honda Workshop manual
for your model. Honda increased the max torque value to 45. Torque to
15, 30, 45 foot pounds, then crack them loose.
5. Retorque to 15, 30, 45 foot pounds.
6. After the bike has been started, run the engine at least once
until the cooling fan starts. Now, let the bike cool off completely and
then retorque the heads. Crack them loose and retorque to 15, 30, 45